A new micro-site from Apple provides tips, tricks and demo videos on shooting with iPhone 7. At the time of writing, there are 20 videos, and Apple promises to add more.
iPhone cameras have improved considerably over the past 10 years, but most users use them in a pretty basic way. The new website’s goal is to educate users in more advanced iPhoneography skills.
Although the site focuses on iPhone 7, most of these are also good for other models of iPhone as well as iPad (One “how-to” you don’t want to follow is the one on zoom, because only iPhone 7 has an optical zoom (sort of). Zooming on all other iOS devices will result in lower resolution scans).
Shooting with iPhone – topics
The topics covered include:
- How to shoot a great portrait
- Close-up shooting with iPhone
- Taking a vertical Pano shot
- How to shoot without a flash
- Shooting action with iPhone
- Selfie shooting with iPhone timer
- Converting shots to black & white
- How to capture a unique angle
- Zoom shooting with iPhone 7
- How to shoot a horizon
- Tips for shooting stills while filming
- Shooting with street light
- Shoot a bold and simple image
- How to shoot during golden hour
- Shooting a one-handed selfie
- Fundamentals of selfie editing
- Capturing an intimate moment
- Group portrait shooting with iPhone
- How to shoot a sunset silhouette
- How to shoot a backlit subject
To visit Apple’s How to shoot on iPhone 7 website, click or tap here.
To learn about scanning photos with iPhone or iPad, click here.